Let Kids Be Kids™ supports the following organizations, and others, with donations, articles/videos through Connemara Productions, video interviews, joint fund raising and volunteerism at various events.
We actively support these organizations with finances, volunteering and promoting their services.*American Cancer Society - Road to Recovery program, *Washington Talking Book and Braille Library *Special Olympics *NAMI, National Alliance on Mental Illness *Woodland Park Zoo *Washington State Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty *Natives Rising *Avivara (Guat) *Roots *AZADZ *Teachabout (AUS) *Heifer *Survival International (AUS) *Earthwatch Institute *Code Pink, *Save the Children *Sandy Hook Promise *YMCA Teen Global Leadership Initiative *SNAP *Acorn *Sierra Club *Audubon *Interfaith Council on Homelessness *Balcoomb (AUS) *Lifelong AIDS Alliance *Multifaith Works *Samaritan *PAWS *The Little Bit Program *Wolfhaven *Sierra Club *Ducks Unlimited *#yeson1401 and various individuals needing help and a voice...
We contribute time, money,clothing, tents, sleeping bags, gloves, meals, housing support, transportation to residents in various homeless shelters and outdoor camps. Part of our advocacy work is to assist people who are temporarily blocked by systems they may not understand. This is "one on one" assistance to people who have asked for help i.e. helping a homeless diabetic secure a companion dog that will warn him to seizures.
We continue our commitment to those who are suffering from HIV/AIDS and the loneliness, isolation and abandonment that so often accompanies their struggles by highlighting, being on a team, promoting healthy choices. Our book "Ice" speaks to the realities of living with a termonl disease Let Kids Be Kids, Inc. volunteers their time at the Woodland Park Zoo, Samaritan. Care Teams, with the Seattle Mennonite outreach to the poor and to other non-profits needing physical assistance with various enterprises.
* Woodland Park Zoo Ambassador
* Earthwatch Ambassador
* Member of Advisory Team to YMCA International Programs, Teen Leadership & Development
* Member of Care Team Advisory Committee, Samaritan Center, in service to the terminally ill
* Advisor to Natives Rising, Tsimshian organization creating the “Kindness Campaign”
* Member Interfaith Task-Force on Homelessness
* Member Lake City Task-Force on Homelessness & Poverty
* Certificate of Appreciation, Service & Community Engagement, Seattle University 2013
* KING Television, “Girls and Friend with AIDS”, listed as one 2012 favorites by anchor Dennis Bounds.
* Writers Union/AFL-CIO support to Youth Advocacy work in strengthening school curriculums.
* State of Washington Resolution #4652 honoring our work with young people.
* Women’s Rights Advocacy-KOMO Television Interview- April 2011
* Girls Service to AIDS Patient - KING Television Segment June 2011
* Congressman Jim McDermott letter of support for kids outreach. (Duwamish Tribal recognition)
* Office of the Mayor, Greg Nickels, various enterprises and work with kids in community outreach.
* Salvation Army recognition of our work with kids and the elderly.
* Greater Seattle Cares recognizes my work with the poor involving young people into the solution.
* Seattle University highlights and reviews “View from the Tent.”
* Children’s Hospital recognition of support from students to kids in the hospital.
* Eileen Cody, State Representative, recognition and thanks for work with students and community programs and outreach.
* Duwamish Nation, recognition of support of kids to tribal identity.
* Seattle University, Magis, recognition and thanks for Katrina work,
student trip to work on homes in Mississippi and Alabama.
* Multifaith Works, recognition for HIV/AIDS “team” work.
* “View from the Tent” as “Best narrative on Homelessness...”
* Rotary International, Geelong, recognition of support.
* Lamalama, Coen, recognition of support and assistance…
* Nomination as Alumni of the year, Seattle University 2010.
* Bailey-Boushay House, letter of recognition for service and support for Carlson Center and youth involvement with residents.
* Mapoon letter of thanks for work on the Pennefather.
* Safe Passages, Guatemala, letters of thanks for volunteerism.
* Forward Edge recognition of Katrina work.
* Avivara, Guatemala, recognition of various contributions.
* San Pedro Sula Med Services, HIV training documentation.
* Most popular rating, Lulu.com, for “View from the Tent.”
* Carlson Center, University of Washington, Service to UW students.
* Swedish Hospital/Univ. of Washington Medical,- HIV Works for Me!
* City Year, Seattle, conducted various youth seminars, job training, marketing of youth skills.
* Outstanding Service Award 2010, Holy Family School, “Caring Leadership”
* EarthWatch Institute - acknowledgement of support and articles on expeditions. 2015/2016 Ambassador for Earthwatch in NW.
* Lifelong Aids Alliance – recognition of fund raising and on-going volunteerism/Dine Out For Life ...
* Member of Magis-Seattle University/Youth Initiative